Brushing our teeth is something we do every day (or SHOULD do every day!) but when was the last time you really thought about the process? What’s the most effective way to brush? How long should I brush my teeth? When should I brush my teeth? Follow these words of wisdom to keep your teeth in tip-top shape.
• Brush and floss your teeth 1-2 times every day.
• Brushing and flossing your teeth before bed is the most important time. Removing food, plaque and biofilm from in between your teeth and under gums can prevent cavities, gum disease, and periodontal issues. As far as the type of floss to use? Waxed or unwaxed… it’s up to you.
• Use a circular/rolling motion, starting on the gums and rolling your teeth
• Brush your teeth for about 2 minutes.
• Use a soft manual toothbrush.
• If you’re a heavy-handed brusher, an electric Oral B round single headed brush will help prevent gum recession.
• An electric toothbrush is also good for bleeding gums and heavier plaque build up.
• Scrub your tongue! It will help remove bacteria build-up on your papillae. It will also help prevent bad breath and tongue staining.
Follow these tips and your teeth, and your dental hygienist, will thank you!
Just can’t get the hang of flossing?! Try these interdental tools to help you clean between your teeth. Receive a sample from our office after your teeth cleaning!